My very first end-of-term as someone with a 4/4 teaching load.
I really thought I would have more time to myself.
Are you laughing hysterically yet?
I’m about 25% of the way through the grading pile (it looooooooms) and prepping for exams on Wednesday and Thursday. And then sweet freedom! Well, no, and then prepping for winter semester madly before flying east for holiday madness. But surely I’ll get a nap in there, right? Right?!
I have a lot of topics to blog about over the holidays — catching plagiarism, dealing with aggressive students, finding time for research projects. What can I say, it has been an eventful semester.
Things I’ve found out about me:
- I can operate on remarkably little sleep with just enough sugar.
- Nothing is more relaxing than the mindless clicking of a Zynga game.
- Campus is creepy quiet on a Sunday.
- Days off are essential and must be planned for.
- Sometimes I just need to sit and stare at a wall.
And I still haven’t given in to caffeine! If grad school and dissertating didn’t break me, I’ll be damned if work will. Coffee-free since ’83!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to slide back under my pile of essays. But do stick around over the holidays for some serious discussions (and some fun ones, too).
Thanks for sticking around, dear readers!